TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our promise to you
We aim to provide a safe, high quality service to repair or maintain the equipment included in your agreement.
Periods or cover
The period of cover ( 12 months ) shall commence at least 14 days following the date you first applied and your application was accepted for cover.
At renewal we will write to you to tell you about any changes to T&Cs or prices. It you pay by standing order or direct debit we will automatically renew your agreement(s) annually until you notify us otherwise.
First initial inspection
We will inspect the equipment that is to be covered by us. We will fill in a inspection checklist to show you what has been checked. If the inspection reveals a problem, we may:
- Advice you what work and the cost to carry this works out.
- Offer you another plan that doesn’t cover the part of the system causing a problem.
- Cancel the plan and refund the money.
- Annual service.
An engineer will carry out a service and safety inspection once a year. We will inform you via email then the service is due.
We will cancel your agreement and/or demand repayments if:
- You give us false information.
- You do not make an agreed payment.
- It is not possible to find parts to keep your system working safely.
- You put our employees’ health and/or safety at risk in any way.
- Circumstances arise which make it inappropriate for the contract to continue.
- Your home is unfit to carry out works in.
- We make recommendations to carry out works and you refuse to do so.
If WE cancel the agreement, we will:
- Give you a refund pro-rata to the length of time left of your 12-month agreement term.
- If YOU cancel the agreement with us, we will not normally give you a refund. We require a notification in writing to cancel. However, you are entitled to a full refund if you cancel within 7 working days of acceptance, providing that SGS have not carried out any work.
- If you cancel your agreement after SGS have commenced work, we may charge you an amount that brings your total payments up to £60.00 if we have also carried out an initial safety inspection (or £35.00 if not).
If we do not carry the spare parts your repair requires on the day, we will endeavour to find parts from our suppliers. We may use an approved alternative or reconditioned parts by the original manufacturer.
Any plumbing & heating work will always be carried out by one of our fully qualified engineers. Any Electrical works will always be carried out by one of our NICEIC registered electrician. All wiring will be carried out in accordance with the current edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
Using Personal Information
We will always endeavour to handle your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and will store any data in a secure server. Information you provide may be used by us to identify you when you contact us but only when information is volunteered to us, to assist us with accounts, services and products we have provided before, now & in the future. We will retain your information as long as you are our customer, and will send you reminders when you have services due and information about your engineer when en route. If at any time in the future you wish for your information to be removed from our systems, please ask to speak with our Data Protection Officer. Through CIFAS system (the UK’s fraud prevention scheme), we and other organisations may access information about you to help make decisions about credit and credit related services for you and other members of your household, and/or to check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you give us other satisfactory proof of identity. We may monitor and record communications with you (including telephone conversations and emails) for quality assurance, legal, regulatory and training purposes.
We will meet our responsibilities under this agreement within a reasonable time unless unable to do so because of circumstances beyond our control. All standard services are offered between normal working hours, namely weekdays 08:00-17:00 UK time. In particular, we will not be responsible for delays caused by our suppliers and/or their agent. Emergency cover is available until 11pm every day. Under our 24/7 emergency cover, an engineer will normally be with you within 24 hours. For uncontrolled water leaks or emergencies posing an immediate risk to your health or property, we will aim to attend your home within 2 hours. Emergency cover is available until 23:00 UK time every evening.
- Topping up the pressure on your boiler. Adjustments to time and temperature controls, including resetting them or replacing batteries.
- Replacement of decorative parts.
- Any domestic water supply from the hot water cylinder or appliances including taps and showers.
- Any cold water cistern, mains water supply, cold water supply network.
- Inherent defects or inadequacy to the original design of the system / appliance(s) and consequential damage or loss arising from defects.
- Pipework, wiring or flues buried in the fabric of the building including underfloor heating.
- Any defects or damage caused through malicious or wilful action, negligence or third party interference.
- Any defect or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, flood, storm, tempest, frost, impact, or other extraneous cause.
- Any defect or damage occurring from a failure to public electricity, gas or water supplies.
- System Damage caused by aggressive water, system contamination, limescale, sludge or other debris in the system.
- Removing asbestos associated with the repairing of the appliance system.
- Replacement or repair of unvented hot water cylinders, thermal stores, air or ground source heat pumps or fan convectors or the repair of fan convectors.
- Replacement of decorative parts, towel rails, low surface temperature, electric and designer/decorative radiators, including any associated valves. Decorative radiators include vertical, column, cast iron and curved radiators or any similar non-standard designs.
- Any works pertaining to spas or swimming pools, including heating systems supplying a swimming pool.
- Replenishment of chemical treatments.
- Complete appliance replacement for any reason.
- Replacement of internal gas supply pipework.
- Repairing or replacing the flue including the flue terminal if it’s over one metre in length.
- Any increased cost of utilities, loss of water services, loss of earnings, any retrospective cost for items not relating to the repair of the heating components.
- The cost of any improvement to the heating or hot water services.
- Powerflushing, removal of sludge, limescale, magnetite sludge and other debris in the system.
- Rainwater pipes and guttering.
- Water softeners, system filters, water meters, macerators, waste disposal units and scale reducers.
- Showers, shower pumps, sanitary ware units and grouting. This includes electric shower units.
- Plumbing pipework exceeding 28mm in bore, mains water pipes, mains sewer pipes and any shared drainage.
- Electrical appliances, cameras and security devices.
- Power supplies beyond the fuse box, and any external lighting units..
- Rubber and/or lead cables.
- Complete system rewire.
- TV & speaker systems, lighting control systems (dimming), garage control systems.
- Photovoltaic systems (Solar power) & renewable energy.
- Electric vehicle charging stations.
- Optimisers, Wave controllers and all other similar smart / internet controllers
If there are 3 or more repairs required on a boiler within any 1 year period, it will be deemed beyond economic repair. If a boiler will cost In excess of £400 to repair it will be deemed beyond economic repair. In such circumstances, will provide a quotation to replace the boiler with a £400 discount applied.